“You reap what you sow.” “What goes around comes around.” Sound familiar?
Relationships and their breakdown create karma. Separation & divorce can bring out the worst in a couple. Malice. Revenge. Dishonesty. Anger. Sooner or later bad deeds inflict harm & boomerang back on the wrongdoer, but we don’t determine the method or the timing.
As a dispute resolution process, Collaborative Family Law offers a process for separating couples to learn important dispute resolution skills, prevent lasting harm to the family & get on with the business of negotiating their future from a place of enlightenment.
Collaborative process manages divorce karma in the following ways:
- A team of qualified professionals helps you feel supported in what can be a lonely & scary time
- A family professional assists with minimizing conflict & all those emotions
- Children come first protected from the potential damage of two spouses with a score to settle
- A financial professional gathers all the financial information so it can be shared & understood
- The lawyers do not act as adversaries – they are trained to work together towards a common goal of resolution
The collaborative team supports you in getting to the finish line on terms that work for your family.
If you feel angry & fearful, the team acts in concert to surround you with all the tools you need to get past the finish line without inflicting damage on yourself or anyone else in the family. At the same time, you develop your own code of conduct to guide your behaviour around your spouse your children. Instead of accelerant, throw compassion and forgiveness on the fires of conflict. Use this time as an opportunity for personal transformation. Being aware of karma as a force for good or bad lets you change thoughts & actions.
It’s up to you. The collaborative process aims to achieve better outcomes for families & maybe even better karma. You be the judge.