Definition of Personal Information
Personal information is any information that identifies you, or by which your identity could be inferred or determined from information.
The Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Meredith G. Cox Family Law & Mediation collects only information from individuals or organizations as is required for the purpose of providing services or information to them. We do not sell, trade, barter or exchange for consideration any personal information we obtain. Unless permitted by law, no personal information is collected about an individual, without obtaining consent of the individual to the collection, use and dissemination of that information.
Wherever possible we collect your personal information directly from you, at the start of a retainer and in the course of our representation.
We use personal information to provide legal advice and services to you, to administer our time and billing databases and to include you in any direct marketing activities. If you tell us that you no longer wish to receive information about our services, or about new developments in the law, we will not send any further material.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Under certain circumstances, Meredith G. Cox Family Law & Mediation will disclose your personal information.
- When we are required or authorized by law to do so, for example, if a Court issues a subpoena;
- When you have consented to the disclosure;
- When the legal services we are providing to you require us to give your information to third parties, your consent will be implied, unless you tell us otherwise;
- Where it is necessary to collect money owing to our firm;
- If we engage expert witnesses on your behalf;
- If we retain other law firms in other jurisdictions, on your behalf;
- If the information is already in the public domain.
As we use your personal information to provide legal services to you, it is important that the information be accurate and up-to-date.
If during the course of your relationship with our firm, any of your information changes, please inform us so that we can make any necessary changes.
Meredith G. Cox Family Law & Mediation takes all responsible precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Among the steps taken to protect your information are:
- Premises security;
- Restricted file access to personal information;
- Computer firewalls.
To help us make credit decisions about clients, prevent fraud, check the identity of new clients and prevent money laundering, we may on occasion, request information about you from the files of consumer reporting agencies.
On our website, like most other commercial websites, we may monitor traffic patterns, site usage and related site information in order to optimize our web service. We may provide aggregated information to third parties, but these statistics do not include any identifiable personal information.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- By using this website, you enter this agreement with Meredith G. Cox Family Law & Mediation regarding the use of this website (the “Website”).
- Nothing in the Website creates a lawyer-client relationship with, or obligation of, Meredith G. Cox Family Law & Mediation.
- This Website can be used to request general information about Meredith G. Cox Family Law & Mediation. However, the Website shall not be used to request legal advice from Meredith G. Cox Family Law & Mediation or send any confidential information to Meredith G. Cox Family Law & Mediation.
- The Website is provided on an “as is and as available” basis, without any representation or warranty, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to any representation as to the accuracy or completeness of its contents.
- Meredith G. Cox Family Law & Mediation will not be liable to anyone for damages of any kind, including but not limited to damages relating to the use, reliance, accuracy, completeness or availability of this Website or its contents or any decision made or not made because of this Website.
- This Website and its contents are the property of Meredith G. Cox Family Law & Mediation. All rights reserved. Copyright © 2022.
- This Agreement is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
- Meredith G. Cox Family Law & Mediation may amend this Agreement at any time without notice to you and without your consent. You cannot amend or assign this Agreement.
- There are no other terms to this Agreement.