Did you think we were going to say Pumpkin Pie???
To make a great Separation Agreement there are key ingredients to consider but remember everyone’s post-separation palate varies so it all depends on your specific situation:
- Financial Disclosure – In order to properly determine the division of property and the proper amount of support to be paid and/or received for you and/or your children, proper financial disclosure must be exchanged
- Parenting – If you have children, the Agreement will set out parenting terms (decision-making, schedules and other details)
- Matrimonial Home – Possession, sale of the home, purchase by one spouse, division of proceeds, obligations for expenses (mortgage, insurance, taxes, repairs)
- Financial Support for a spouse (timing and amounts)
- Financial support for children and sharing of extraordinary expenses (activities, medical, dental, education etc.)
Contact us to learn more about what else could be blended into an agreement and how we can assist your family with the baking of a GREAT SEPARATION AGREEMENT.
In the meantime, what is your favourite pie flavour?