The decision to separate is usually not made in a day. Relationship breakdown happens over time in many cases. The process can be overwhelming with serious emotional and financial implications. We will sit down with you and break down the short and long-term aspects of separation and divorce into bite-size pieces. We won’t tell you whether you should separate or not, but we can walk you through some of the potential outcomes, so you can make the best-informed decision for you.
Our pre-separation reality check looks at the following issues:
- A simple cost/benefit analysis of separation and divorce
- How to navigate parenting schedules and decisions
- Weigh basic financial options
- Assess potential legal outcomes and entitlements
- Consider which process is the best fit for your family
- How to keep the costs down
- Referrals to counsellors and financial professionals
We will help you navigate through a complex web of legal rights and entitlements. Give us a call to discuss how we can help you and your family.